Pages

Monday, October 26, 2015

Journal 4: Math Website


  • Site title - Fun with Multiplication
  • Developer - Christin Jow; I will also receive assistance from my colleagues for information and feedback
  • Rational or focus - The new California Standards causes students to think even more critically and deeper than ever before.  This is a big change in the schools for both teachers and students.  Even without this change, many students are behind in their basic math skills.  It is difficult for them to meet the new standards without the basic foundations such as multiplication and division.  It is hard for me to see them struggle with basic math skills.  They are frustrated that they are unable to understand the concepts due to its level of difficulty and they are not use to thinking the way California Standards wants them to.  For this reason, I want to make a math resource website that will allow students to be able to have a site to refer to.  I want to focus on multiplication because that is what my students struggle most on.  For the purpose of this assignment, I will create a very basic resource website.  I will add to it in the future to enhance the page and make it more useful.
  • Main features outline - To teach and provide information and resources for students to be able to learn and review multiplication.
Content - Home Page: main page to explain the purpose of the website to the students
                     -Helpful Links: provide links that will be beneficial for students to quickly get to videos and other resources to learn/practice multiplication
                     -Multiplication Chart: provide a general multiplication chart for students to use while they study or do homework
                     -Contact page: in case the user has any problems with the page or would like additional information, they can use the contact page
                     -About Me: about the designer (short bio for introduction)
  • Target audience - Elementary and Middle School students, specifically my 6th and 7th grade students
  • Design considerations. For now, I want to have a simple design that gets to the point but is also attractive for the users.  I would like to make the site more attractive in the future. 
  • Limiting factors - I have not learned how to embed videos, games, and tutorials for students to use.  I will, however, learn to do so in the future that will allow me to make the website more interactive and fun for students to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment