Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Twitter

This is my first experience with twitter and it was a little getting use to in terms of navigating the site. After using it for a little bit, I can see the benefits of having a professional account for twitter.  I do enjoy following certain people who have great ideas.  It reminds me of Digg where you follow someone and the things they post go on your "news feed."  I do like the idea that you can sign on and information is given to you without having to search of it.  However, I don't think twitter is something I will use consistently, but it is nice to have an additional resource to go to when I need it.  I do prefer using Pinterest and Teachers Pay Teachers because I can easily search for a specific category or topic to find the resources I need.  Twitter might be able to do so as well, I just haven't played with it enough to find out.

I do have a Twitter ticket out the door that I use with my students.  I will give them a topic and they will respond with a handwritten tweet.  They can "tweet" about what they learned that day or what they do not understand as a quick check for understanding before they leave.  I can quickly read through them to get a good idea of where my students are at.  I also find the really well written ones to post up on my wall, which is really good to show the admin as well as parents.  They are also great examples to show students on how they are suppose to write their tweets properly.  Furthermore, encourages social media in the classroom which is always something that the students enjoy.  Finally, it is a good way to teach students a positive way to use social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment