Pages

Monday, December 7, 2015

Professional Learning Network

I use Digg Reader a couple more times and found it pretty useful when I need additional resources.  I found a couple of lesson plans that I actually used in my own classroom and received positive responses from my students.  There was a Geometry lesson that I found that helped my students understand the concept a lot better than I expected.  I showed it to my co-worker and she also started using Digg Reader for her lesson planning.  On the other hand, I don't really find Classroom 2.0 or Twitter to fit my needs.  Instead, I really enjoy using Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest.  They are both VERY easy to navigate they have a lot of variety of resources for me to use.  Of course, some of them has a small fee attach to it, so I usually look for the FREE ones!  Pinterest is easy to use because I can see the general idea of the project or lesson plan just by looking at the thumbnail.  I used so many project ideas from both Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest.  My administrators and co-workers also commented on the creativity of the projects. 

This blog has also been pretty useful in terms of being able to see other peer's work and thoughts.  We do not always get to talk to everyone in the classroom, so the collaboration through this blog was enriching and beneficial.  Overall, I am willing to try more professional learning networks, but for now, I am sticking to Teachers Pay Teachers and Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment